Descripción de la empresa
Freedom Recruitment is a leading retail recruitment consultancy in the UK established in early 1997 to provide high quality professional recruitment services to our portfolio of clients within the Retail and Fashion industries.
Our success in providing this service has resulted in the expansion of our business, both within different recruitment sectors and geographically.
Located in the heart of London, our team recruit on national scale across all specialist areas of the Retail and Fashion industries. Further demand from our clients has resulted in the establishment of our International Division which is based in our Central London office.
Descripción del puesto
Reporting to the CEO, the successful candidate will be managing all the aspects of the Factory from Production, to Administration, Budgeting and staff.
In details, your responsibilities will be:
* Ensure the efficient, effective, and safe manufacture of quality garments according to company and customer requirements, as well as proper storage of materials and finished goods in the factory
* Achieve factory productivity targets and identifies opportunities to improve factory productivity and quality of output, with new production techniques and technology where appropriate
* Lead initiatives to continuously improve operations across all factory departments
* Guide managers to embed and sustain change, increasing skill, productivity and morale of factory workforce
* Coordinate supply chain to, through and from the factory to maintain optimum productivity and timely dispatch of finished goods
* Retain overall responsibility for selection and design of factory layout
* Manage relationships with external service companies to service level agreement (e.g. security, maintenance etc.)
* Communicate with workers’ representatives to maintain stable and productive workforce
* Analyse factory cost drivers and identifies opportunities to eliminate waste
* Provide factory relevant input towards group annual budgeting process to ensure accurate accounting and planning of all direct and indirect costs
* Liaise closely with other functional heads on all matters relating to the operation, including finance, procurement, product development, quality assurance, health and safety, human resources, logistics and production planning
* Supervise and manage directly all department managers and indirectly all factory staff
- Minimum 15 years of progressive apparel manufacturing experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing systems and processes, cost improvement techniques, efficient inventory management, lean initiatives and production planning
- International exposure preferred and experience of working with other cultures is necessary.
- Background in industrial engineering
- Strong knowledge of jerseywear production