Descripción de la empresa
Our client is a family owned clothing and Accessories Company, founded in Kuwait in 1973. The Group has grown from a single fast fashion store into a successful, globally recognized chain that carries renowned luxury and fast fashion brands. Today the company operates more than 15 brands with about 140 stores and across a wide range of sectors, offering consumers the latest recognized names in Fashion, Accessories, and Food. They provide fashion and food for women, men, teenagers and children, and their products are available in monobrand stores around the Middle East countries.
With more than 140 stores in prime locations they operate more than 15 retail brands, including many of the world’s best international brands all carefully chosen to bring the highest quality products to discerning, multi-cultural populations. Their operating markets currently cover all the Gulf countries (Kuwait-KSA-UAE-Bahrain-QATAR).
They continue to grow and explore new ideas, new markets and new opportunities.
Descripción del puesto
•Buying strategy definition of product category
•Plan and source a balanced, commercial and profitable range according to trends, commercial views and sales records
•Developing product assortments and its collections structure
•Product development with design team
•Cooperation and team-working with designers, to properly align commercial needs to buying strategy and collection designs
•Presentation of the collection to general managers and product managers
•Sourcing for new suppliers.
•Negotiation with suppliers: prices, qualities, delivery and service terms
•Capacity planning according to the kind of factory and kind of style
•Regular trips to Asian area to close collections, sourcing factories and production checking.
•Follow up all the production steps (Sample development, production timelines, and delivery process)
•Managing markups, sales and margins
•Planning initial deliveries to stores and weekly programming
•Preparing Production Orders, according to last campaign sales, stores, economic and geographical necessities
•Demand planning and purchase quantities: budget management
•Forecasting of sales and stock management
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- supervisory experience preferred
- proficient in windows-based software such as excel and word
- must be able to utilize and master internal software systems Sap
- initiative/sense of urgency; demonstrated problem solving skills
- organizational skills
- strategic planning and competitive analysis abilities
- ability to interact with multiple departments and interact with employees at all levels
- retail math training a plus Education and experience required:
- college degree required
- 5-7 years in positions offering relevant experience
- experience working in a merchandising environment for a similar category
Please send CV in English!