Global Senior Data Scientist
País : España
Comunidad Autónoma : Cataluña
Provincia : Barcelona
Población : Barcelona
Categoría : Producción
Tipo de contrato : Indefinido
Jornada laboral : Completa
Descripción del puesto
We're a company of people who like to forge our own path. We invented the blue jean in 1873, and we reinvented khaki pants in 1986. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines in manufacturing. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do. Our brands stand for freedom and self-expression around the world.
Where we lead, others follow. For more than 160 years, we've used the strength of our brands to lead with our values and make an outsized impact on the world. We employ more than 15,000 people globally to support our great brands: Levi's®, Dockers®, Denizen® and Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.
At Levi Strauss & Co., we are revolutionizing the apparel business and redefining the way denim is made. We are taking one of the world's most iconic brands into the next century: from creating machine learning-powered denim finishes to using block-chain for our factory workers' well-being, to building algorithms to better meet the needs of our consumers and optimize our supply chain. Be a pioneer in the fashion industry by joining our global Data, Analytics & AI "startup with "assets," where you will have the chance to build exciting solutions that will impact our global business across continents.
As a Senior Data Scientist you will be a key part of the global Data, Analytics and AI team and will create advanced analytics, machine learning, and AI solutions to better address our consumers' needs while streamlining our processes and approaching the business in more innovative ways. In this role, you will work across regions to drive innovation, machine learning operationalization, adoption of data products, and data visualization / user interfaces/ storytelling that put data at the center of our business. This role will aim to drive revenue and reduce cost through cross-region implementation, automation and business process improvement. You will contribute to the global Data, Analytics & AI community, share your knowledge and leverage other colleagues' experience in designing scalable, global solutions. This role will report into the Global Commercial Head of Data & AI.
About the Job
- Inspire creativity through new analytical products with emphasis on computer vision, Reinforcement learning, active learning, and other new applications of Artificial Intelligence
- Determine and guide a methodology for innovation and rapid prototyping (design thinking, agile, lean startup, etc.) with Regional teams to develop analytical solutions / production-ready models that solve real business problems in a scalable way
- Apply advanced analytics, machine learning, and AI techniques to obtain value from the full range of all data sets, applying Cloud-based technology
- Translate complex data and methodology into operationally practical insights
- Operationalize and automate machine learning models, driving seamless production practices from both business and technology perspectives
- Develop global capabilities for data visualization and understanding, establishing a set of best practices and accelerators to communicate clearly and effectively to technical and non-technical audiences, verbally and visually, to create understanding, engagement, and buy-in
- Set community best practices for code documentation, review, and sharing; promote global best practices and standardization
- Embody the values and passions that characterize Levi Strauss; have empathy to engage with colleagues from different backgrounds
- Experience developing models and algorithms in a commercial environment with experience creating meaningful business impact
- SQL and Python skills required; proficiency in at least one open-source programming language (R, Java, C++ or another) desirable
- Expertise in multivariate statistical modeling (e.g. clustering, regression, principal components and factor analysis, time-series forecasting, Bayesian methods) and machine learning (Random Forest, KNN, SVM, boosting and bagging, regularization etc.) required
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (AWS, GCP or other), or equivalent on-premise platform
- Simultaneously coordinate and track multiple deliverables, tasks and dependencies across multiple stakeholders / business areasDesirable:
- Experience with neural networks and deep learning, using frameworks such as TensorFlow
- Computer vision expertise
- Proficiency with data visualization tools (D3.js, R Shiny, Looker, Tableau or similar) desirable
- Proficiency with Spark or MapReduce
- Experience working in agile methodology
- Experience in retail or FMCG